Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Battle With Grendel

I got the information that I need. I have learned that even the beast has honor. He uses no weapon. And since I am a man of honor, I to will use no weapon. I have also learned that he attacks the mead hall of this kingdom only at night, a suitable setting for a dark spawn of murder itself. So now I’m laying here in the mead hall. It’s night and its very quiet… wait I hear a faint sound in the distance… it’s getting closer, and it sounds like footsteps. The mead hall door has just opened and the monster is walking towards me and my men. I can now smell the foul stench of the monsters wet, muddy fur. He isn’t quite close enough to attack yet, but he has killed on of my men and is drinking his blood. Now he’s right beside me. He’s grabbed me, now’s my chance… The fight is over. I easily won. I grabbed his arm and twisted it backwards, eventually tearing the flesh apart and snapping the bone at the shoulder. The murderous beast has run off and will bleed out before he has a chance to reach his godforsaken marsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment